Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Anything but ordinary






There are not words to say how much I want to see this in real life. I find out in a few more days if I get to go to southern India!

Today I had an interview with the two faculty leaders that are going to be taking everyone on the trip. I thought it went pretty well, but I hate when I'm asked why I deserve to go. I mean, I'm sure I'd like to go just as much as anyone else, and I don't think I do deserve it more than anyone else. But I want it more than anyone else. Just talking about it made me giddy. I'm already so invested in this...I hope I get accepted! I didn't even know I wanted this so badly. To think that in January of next year, I could be stepping foot into the Indian ocean! Or walking in some of the oldest temples complexes in the world...Or doing yoga in a real ashram!!! *Sigh* I'm feeling pretty good about it and I've been sending good vibes out to the universe, so it's just a matter of playing the waiting game now.





















Today I opened a Dove chocolate and the quote inside was: "Patience is a virtue". Perhaps the universes way of reminding me to enjoy the moment? Lately I haven't been appreciating the present moment because I've been too busy concentrating on summer. I can't wait to be home and my anxiousness means that the days are even longer than they already are. So, I've been trying to just take it a day at a time and have fun in the last few weeks of school. I'm trying to appreciate the ordinary things in my life, like the blooming dogwoods, mountain views, small salamanders, or moments of complete and utter joy!



1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for summer either! Very lovely photos, by the way - especially the adorable little salamander. I can't find any here - only worms!! XO :)

    ReplyDelete